Frequently Asked Questions for Existing Tenants


How much notice do I need to provide to end a tenancy?
The amount of notice that needs to be given to end a tenancy will depend on the type of tenancy agreement (Fixed term or Periodic tenancies).

Fixed-term tenancies are for a specific length of time, for example 12 months, and cannot be ended by notice during the term of the tenancy unless mutually agreed between the landlord and tenant. If your circumstances do change and you have to move out, please contact us as soon as you can. We will advise the property owner, and at their discretion, they may let us find new tenants to replace you. In this instance an administration fee may apply.

A fixed term tenancy automatically becomes a periodic tenancy upon expiry of the fixed term unless both parties agree to extend the fixed term.

A tenant must give at least 21 days’ written notice to end a Periodic tenancy.

A landlord must give at least 90 days’ written notice to end a Periodic tenancy, but can give less time (at least 42 days’ notice) in certain circumstances.

You can read more about ending a tenancy here

What do I need to do for the final inspection?
A final inspection will be booked with you for the next business day after your move out date. Our expectation is that the property will be handed back in the same condition that it was rented to you in (subject to fair wear & tear). We will provide you with a Final Inspection Checklist that details exactly what is required.
What is the process for getting my Bond refunded?
Upon completion of the final inspection, and if we are happy with how the property has been left, we will arrange for the Bond Refund Form to be completed and signed (the Bond Refund Form must be signed by all signatories to the Bond Lodgement form as submitted at the commencement of the tenancy), and will send this to the Tenancy Services Bond Centre for processing. They will pay the bond refund directly to a bank account of your choice which you provide on the form.

You can read more about bond repayments and reductions on the Tenancy Services website